This technote identifies a potential cause and resolution to the errorIBM Rational DOORS error: "DOORS report Invalid password", when you try to reset the Administrator's password by supplying -otdbpw switch.
While launching IBM Rational DOORS client with -otdbpw switch, following error message is displayed:
Administrator's password has been changed previously by using DBSAdmin tool.
The initial password of Administrator, which has been set in during the first launching of DOORS DB is different to the current password of Administrator, which has been reset by using DBSAdmin tool.
Resolving the problem
On DOORS Server
- Stop the DOORS DB Server services.
- Navigate to the DOORS DB data directory.
Path can be found from the following Windows Registry: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Telelogic\DOORS_Server\9.2\Config\ServerData"
- Rename dbdata.dtc & dbdata.lck to dbdata.dtc.old & dbdata.lck.old
- Restart DOORS DB Server services.
On DOORS Client
- Start DOORS Client with [-otdbpw ""] switch.
- Take a screenshot of login window.
Which displays V2 Key value for resetting Administrator's password.
- Send the screen capture to IBM Rational Client Support (RCS).
- Wait for the reply from RCS.
You may close the window for now and repeat again above steps on DOORS client, when you get the "Password" value to apply on following steps from RCS.
- Fill Password value which provided by RCS.
- It will expire the current Administrator's password.
- Set the new password.