What is the process to disable the NSFDB2 feature in IBM® Lotus® Domino®?
When an enterprise decision is made to disable the IBM® Lotus® Domino® NSFDB2 feature, it is not enough to simply unhook all databases from IBM® DB2® Universal Database and revert them to NSF stores. There will still be hooks in both the IBM® Lotus® Domino® and IBM® DB2® Universal Database servers. While these hooks should not negatively affect either server's performance or functionality, it is good practice to completely disable the functionality if it will not be used. There are potential restrictions affecting future software updates and configuration changes if the feature remains enabled.
Note: WithIBM® Lotus® Domino® 8.5.2, the NSFDB2 feature is in limited availability. The installation of or upgrade toIBM® Lotus® Domino® 8.5.2 will require the disabling of the NSFDB2 feature.
The necessary steps to fully disable the NSFDB2 feature are described here.
Before disabling the feature on a given IBM® Lotus® Domino® server, verify that NSFDB2 is enabled and in use by:
- Examine the notes.ini file and confirm the presence of the following statement
It is the presence of the DB2DATABASE parameter and the fact that it has a value that indicates that the NSFDB2 features is enabled. It is not the specific value but, rather simply the presence of a value that is relevant.
- Submit the show serverDomino server console command and verify that the resulting display contains the following line:
DB2 Database: Domino
To disable the NSFDB2 feature in IBM® Lotus® Domino®, perform the following steps:
- Open the IBM® Lotus® Domino® Administrator client.
- Select File->Open Server and select the target server.
- Click the Configuration tab and then expand the Server section.
- Select the Server document to be edited and then click Edit Server.
- Click the DB2 tab.
- Change the fields listed in the table in the DB2 configuration as specified. No other fields need to be changed.
Note: If you anticipate that the NSFDB2 feature will be enabled in the future, please note down the current values of the fields listed below.FieldAction
Instance Clear the field Database Clear the field Directory Clear the field DB Default Creation Change to NSF DB2 Access server Clear the field DB2 Access path Clear the field
- Click Save and Close.
Confirm NSFDB2 Feature Disabled
Once the server has been restarted, confirm that the NSFDB2 feature has been disabled by:
- Examine the notes.ini file and confirm that the DB2DATABASE parameter is no longer present or set to null as shown below
- Submit the show server Domino server console command and verify that the resulting display contains the following line:
DB2 Database: Not Enabled
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.