Become a site contributor by adding comments directly to information center topics.
Simply sign in with your IBM ID to comment on IBM InfoSphere Classification Module documentation, start discussion threads, share examples, rate topics, watch topics or threads, and more. You can view the Classification Module 8.7 information center at:
After signing in, you can do the following actions:
- Comment on an entire topic or selected text within the topic
- Reply to comments
- Delete your comments
- Rate topics
- Subscribe to pages or the entire site, to be notified of new comments
If you do not sign in, you can still view comments that others have made.
You must log in with an IBM ID to add comments, reply to comments, and rate and watch topics. Click the Sign in link in the upper right corner of the topic pane.
If you do not have an IBM ID, you can register for one at https://www.ibm.com/account/profile/us?page=reg
Your display name appears with any comments that you make. To change your display name, click Tools > Preferences. Click the My Profile tab and click the Change it button.
Comment on an entire topic or selected text within the topic
There are three kinds of comments:
- Comments on the topic in general
- Comments on an element of the topic (for example, a heading or sentence)
- Comments on a section of content that you select
To add a comment:
- Navigate to the topic on which you want to comment.
- Expand the comment pane at the bottom of the topic by clicking the tool bar of the comment pane:
- Do one of the following actions, then add your comment in the pop-up window:
- Click Comment on Topic to comment on the entire topic.
- Select an element in the topic and click Comment on Element.
- Select a range of content within a topic and click Comment on Selection.
Reply to comments
To reply to an existing comment, click the Reply link under the comment in the comment pane, and add your response to the comment in the pop-up window.
Delete your comments
You can delete your comments before other reviewers reply to them. Click the Delete link below the comment.
You can rate topics based on your level of satisfaction by clicking a star at the top of the topic pane. Ratings are based on a 5-star scale.
Subscribe to pages or the entire site to be notified of new comments
You can watch specific topics to get e-mail notification of any comments to them. Click the Watch this Page link in the upper right corner of the topic pane.
To watch the entire information center, click Tools > Preferences and click the My Watches tab. Select the Enable the information center watch check box and select the languages in which you want to receive comments.
To stop watching topics, use one of the following methods:
- Open the topic and click the Stop Watching link at the top of the topic pane.
- Configure the list of pages you are watching. In the comments tool bar, click Tools > Preferences. Then click the My Watches tab and deselect the pages that you no longer want to watch.
Click the RSS Subscribe link to receive updates in your RSS feed reader.
View comments that others have made
In any topic that contains comments, you can expand or collapse the comment pane by clicking the tool bar of the comment pane.
Collapsed comments pane:
Expanded comments pane:
You can see comments that others have made on any topic in the information center in two ways:
- In the topic itself, click the expand button or the collapse button in the comment pane to expand or collapse comments on that topic.
- View a list of all of the topics that contain comments.
Click the Collaboration view of the navigation pane.
Then click the Show the hottest topics icon ( ) at the top of the pane.
To view comments by person, select the display name on a comment in the comment frame. You can see all comments made by that person in the Collaboration view.
To find comments made in languages other than the default language of your browser, click More in the comment pane for options.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.