fs_check reports "SERIOUS: The internal archive information for object ... is incorrect" in Rational Synergy
Attempts to run the fs_check command reports "SERIOUS: The internal archive information for name-version:type:instance is incorrect" in IBM Rational Synergy.
The fs_check command reports the following message:
SERIOUS: The internal archive information for object name-version:type:instance is incorrect:
(The above should be exactly 3 lines: archiver, id and path) Skipping check for unused cache/archive files
This message indicates that the archive file for the object version mentioned is incorrect.
- Fs_check only reports this Warning if both cache and archive are zero length.
- If these are different, it will throw a SERIOUS archive and cache file differ error.
Diagnosing the problem
You need to see if you can extract the source code for this object version from the archive:
- Get the Component Version Identifier(CVID):
ccm prop name-version:type:instance -f cvid
- Using the CVID you can find where the file is in the cache:
Technote 1325187: Structure of the Rational Synergy Cache and Archive
- Rename the cache file.
Do not delete it as we will probable need this to fix the archive
- Re-create the cache file from the archive if we can:
ccm cat name-version:type:instance
Resolving the problem
To fix the problem you can try the following:
- Compare the cache files.
- Restore the cache file when the archive is broken.
When the archive is broken you will get an error in step 4 above and the cache file will not be created. You need to restore the cache file renamed in step 3.
- Compare new cache file to renamed cache file:
If the cache file is created then compare it with the copy renamed in step 3 above.
- Keep new Cache file:
If the new cache file is correct and the same as the copy renamed in step 3 above then this archive version may not be the problem. You can remove the copy.
- Restore the copy:
If the new cache file is incorrect or different to the copy renamed in step 3 above then this archive version has a problem. You can remove the cache and restore the copy.
- Keep new Cache file:
- Run the fs_check command with the fix option:
ccm fs_check -fix <4_part name of the object>
- Run the archive_fix command if the fs_check does not resolve it:
See Technote 1624991: How to fix your fs_check errors in Rational Synergy
More support for:
Software version: 6.5a, 6.5, 6.6a, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1412934
Modified date: 28 January 2011
Translate this page: