This document applies only to the following language version(s):
How do you delete a erroneous (due to an incomplete delete operation) or unused Workspace from IBM Rational Focal Point when you are unable to delete through the GUI?
In Focal Point, if a workspace is corrupt (due to an incomplete delete operation) or not in use and you do not have access to that workspace you would not be able to delete it through the GUI.
A Global Administrator can delete the workspace by running SQL queries:
- Click on Advanced -> SQL
- Execute the query "select * from toc". This statement will list all the Workspaces in Focal Point. Make a note of the tableidno for the workspace that has to be deleted
- "delete from toc where tableidno='xx' where xx is the tableidno from step 2
- Click on "List Unused Tables"
- Drop all the unused tables ending with xx where xx is the tableidno
- Restart the Focal Point Server
Disclaimer! Do not use this feature unless you have thorough knowledge of SQL as well as the Focal Point database architecture. The SQL commands are executed without any error checking and therefore it is possible that a single incorrect SQL command can corrupt the entire database. In such cases, it might be impossible to restore any information.
All source code and/or binaries attached to this document are referred to here as "the Program". IBM is not providing program services of any kind for the Program. IBM is providing the Program on an "AS IS" basis without warranty of any kind. IBM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR FOR ANY ECONOMIC CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR SAVINGS), EVEN IF IBM, OR ITS RESELLER, HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.