Completing a DB2 Document Manager client installation if the digital certificate is expired
This technote describes how to complete a DB2 Document Manager client installation if the browser encounters an expired digital certificate and blocks the installation.
This error occurs only when you install the DB2 Document Manager client. It does not affect DB2 Document Manager server software installation.
If the digital certificate that is stored in the DB2 Document Manager client installation files is expired, the DB2 Document Manager client installation process fails with a Microsoft error message similar to the following text:
Windows has blocked this installation because it can't verify the publisher.
Some versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer issue a warning that you can ignore and continue the installation. If your version of Internet Explorer does not allow you to continue the installation, complete one of the following procedures.
Option 1: Change the browser security settings for the duration of the installation process
Complete the following steps to change the security settings for your browser. Depending on your Microsoft Internet Explorer version, you might need to adjust these steps.
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer. Click Tools > Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, select the Security tab.
- Click Custom Level to open the Security Settings window.
- In the Reset Custom Settings field, select Low and click Reset. Click OK to close the Security Settings window.
- In the Internet Options window, select the Trusted sites icon, then click Sites.
- In the Add this Web site to the zone field, type the server name portion of the URL that you use to open the DB2 Document Manager client.
For example, if the URL is
http://dmserver.myCompany.com/dm/default.htm, type the following string:
- If your DB2 Document Manager client URL begins with http instead of https, clear the check box next to the option Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- Click Add, then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
You can now install the DB2 Document Manager client. After the installation completes, restore the original browser security settings.
Option 2: Contact IBM Software Support to obtain a new installation file
To obtain a new installation file that is signed with the correct digital certificate, contact IBM Software Support.