Installation of Fix Pack V126.96.36.199 will not proceed if CEA V188.8.131.52 is installed on your system
The Update Installer will block the installation of WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack Version 184.108.40.206 on a base installation containing Feature Pack for CEA Version 220.127.116.11 when it determines that the MSL level for WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack Version 18.104.22.168 is Feature Pack for CEA Version 22.214.171.124.
Feature Pack for CEA Version 126.96.36.199 requiring upgrade to WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack Version 188.8.131.52
Resolving the problem
The following solution can be used to resolve this problem depending upon your environment.
Install WebSphere Fix Pack V184.108.40.206 and upgrade to Feature Pack for CEA Version 220.127.116.11:
- Install Fix Pack 7 by launching the Update Installer with the following command-line option to bypass MSL checking: -OPT skipMSLCheck=true For example: ./update.sh -OPT skipMSLCheck=true
- Install Feature Pack for CEA Version 18.104.22.168 using Installation Manager.
Important note for users of centralized installation manager (CIM):
You cannot use the centralized installation manager (CIM) to install WebSphere Appication Server Fix Pack 22.214.171.124 on a remote node if the remote node happens to have the Feature Pack for CEA 126.96.36.199 installed. CIM does not support the specification of the skipMSLCheck option for fix-pack installation at this time. The workaround is to use the local method described above to install the fix pack.
Important note for users of Installation Factory:
When you use Customized Installation Package (CIP) to install WebSphere Aplication Server Fix Pack Version 188.8.131.52 on an existing environment containing Feature Pack for CEA Version 184.108.40.206, you must use the following option to bypass the minimum service level check:
- in interactive installation mode: -OPT skipMSLCheck=true For example: ./install -OPT skipMSLCheck=true
- in silent installation mode: -W WASSilentInstallInputValidationAction.active=false -OPT skipMSLCheck=true For example: ./install -W WASSilentInstallInputValidationAction.active=false -OPT skipMSLCheck=true
- Then install CEA 220.127.116.11 fix pack using Installation Manager.
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server V7 Feature Pack for Communications Enabled Applications||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||1.0|
More support for:
WebSphere Application Server
Software version: 7.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1406463
Modified date: 13 November 2009
Translate this page: