Attempts to record a test with Annotation Toolbar in IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT) fails as no Annotation Toolbar appears.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Confirm RPT Toolbar is listed in the Internet Browser's add-on list
- Record an RPT test
Actual result: Annotation toolbar does not appear during recording..
Resolving the problem
Option 1: Install RPT toolbar manually
- Close Rational Performance Tester
- Go to C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared\plugins
- Run uninstall-RPT-IE-Plugin.bat
- Delete files, cookie and history from Internet Options.
- Close all Internet browsers
- Make sure pop up blocker is turned off and active content is enabled.
- Reopen browser and right click on toolbar and Rational Performance Tester Toolbar menu should have disappeared.
- Try a new recording.
When prompted for installing RPT annotation toolbar, select yes to install.
Option #2: Disable the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration, as suggested in this developerWorks discussion.