Restarting the Telelogic License Manager server results in the error "LMGRD encountered a problem and needed to close".
Telelogic License Manager server is installed in Windows Operating system.
The following error message may appear after restarting the machine:
License Manager services dies and does not startup automatically after server reboot.
Also, the Event Viewer log on Windows has the following information:
Reporting queued error: faulting application lmgrd.exe,
version 220.127.116.11, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0,
fault address 0x00000000.
For more information,
see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Multiple Instances of License Manager are installed on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Diagnosing the problem
Verify the following:
- No two instances of Telelogic License Manager should run on the same operating system.
- License file path mentioned in LMTOOLS should be accurate and should not point to a wrong license file.
- License log file location should comprise of a file with .log extension.
Resolving the problem
Apply the solution that relates to the item in the Diagnostic section above.
- Remove any duplicate installations of Telelogic License Manager on the host using Add/Remove Programs.
- Correct the license file path so that it points to the correct license file.
- Create a text file in the license log location with the .log extension.
Contact IBM Rational Support if you experience this issue and these solutions do not resolve the problem.