Telelogic License Manager service crashes after server reboot
Restarting the Telelogic License Manager server results in the error "LMGRD encountered a problem and needed to close".
Telelogic License Manager server is installed in Windows Operating system.
The following error message may appear after restarting the machine:
License Manager services dies and does not startup automatically after server reboot.
Also, the Event Viewer log on Windows has the following information:
Reporting queued error: faulting application lmgrd.exe,
version 22.214.171.124, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0,
fault address 0x00000000.
For more information,
see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Multiple Instances of License Manager are installed on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Diagnosing the problem
Verify the following:
- No two instances of Telelogic License Manager should run on the same operating system.
- License file path mentioned in LMTOOLS should be accurate and should not point to a wrong license file.
- License log file location should comprise of a file with .log extension.
Resolving the problem
Apply the solution that relates to the item in the Diagnostic section above.
- Remove any duplicate installations of Telelogic License Manager on the host using Add/Remove Programs.
- Correct the license file path so that it points to the correct license file.
- Create a text file in the license log location with the .log extension.
Contact IBM Rational Support if you experience this issue and these solutions do not resolve the problem.
Translate this page: