Performance issue during the visualization of C++ files in large C++ projects
Performance issue is seen during the visualization of C++ files in large C++ projects.
Performance issue can be seen in a large C++ project (with more than 500 files) during:
- Visualization of a folder within the project
- Visualization of a C++ source or header file onto a class diagram (Only if the file is nested within a folder which is not the project root.)
- Addition of a new file to a folder within the project
- Loading of a workspace if a class diagram containing a visualized file/folder was left open when the workspace was last closed (this would lead to issue #1 or #2 above.)
Resolving the problem
- If you want to visualize a C++ element, such as a C++ class, struct, union, enum, typedef, or namespace, directly visualize the element in a class diagram; do not visualize the container file.
- To avoid delays in the loading of a workspace, close all open diagrams that contain visualized files or folders before closing the workspace.
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect RealTime Edition||C / C++ Development||Linux, Solaris, Windows||7.5.2, 7.5.3, 7.5.4|
More support for:
Rational Software Architect Standard Edition
C / C++ Development
Software version: 7.5, 7.5.1, 7.5.2, 7.5.3, 7.5.4
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1402238
Modified date: 2013-06-17