ILM Error 4:cannot connect to token server on "servername"
This error arises if you try to run an application with a TOKEN license but the declared ILM TOKEN server (ilmd) in your access.ilm file is unable to respond to your connection request.
To resolve this error:
- Run ilmlist to see if you get a better diagnosis
- Go to the token server machine SERVERNAME (this might be your machine)
- Check that the token server is running:
- If SERVERNAME is a Windows machine, try ilmserv -install. If this fails, review the instructions in "IBM ILOG License Manager, Version 2.7, User Guide & Reference"
- If SERVERNAME is a Unix machine, review the instructions in "IBM ILOG License Manager, Version 2.7, User Guide & Reference"
- If you determine the token server process ilmd is running properly on SERVERNAME, check that the socket connection between the client machine that gave the error message and the token server machine SERVERNAME is working properly.
- If you think the product should not fetch tokens from SERVERNAME, and use instead another access key, rearrange your access key file according to the information in "IBM ILOG License Manager, Version 2.7, User Guide & Reference"