Logging in to the server administration tool results in an authorization operation failed error
This document applies only to the following language version(s):
The error "Authorize Operation Failed:" reports in the DOORS Database Server Administration Tool
When trying to log in to DOORS Database Server Administration Tool using a password and if password is not recognized, user gets error:
"Authorize Operation Failed: Legacy-Encryption Password needs reset. Locked file list operation failed.".
DOORS Database password is not recognized or incorrect
Resolving the problem
To resolve the issue, the DOORS Database Administration password needs to be reset:
To Reset the DOORS Database Administration password:
- Please locate your DOORS Database folder. If you don't know the DOORS database location; you can find by going to the Registry Editor and follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Telelogic-->DOORS_Server-->9.x-->Config. Look for the value called 'ServerData' for the location of your DOORS Database folder.
- Under the data folder, look for the file called 'dbdata.dtc'
- Rename this file to 'dbdata.dtc.old'
- Restart the DOORS Database Service from Windows services (Please make sure all your users are logged off from DOORS before restarting the service)
- Re-launch the DBAdmin tool and supply a new password.