New report templates such as Burnup are not automatically deployed
IBM Rational Team Concert 220.127.116.11 adds new report templates, such as Burnup, which may be useful to users of Scrum and other agile methodologies. After moving to 18.104.22.168, however, these reports do not show in the list of available reports in existing project areas. How can I make them appear?
Report templates are deployed automatically to a project area when the project is created. After that, report templates are user-managed artifacts.
Part of the user management story is that new reports are not automatically deployed - you have to decide whether you want them and, if so, manually deploy them to the appropriate project areas.
In the Rational Team Concert rich client:
- Open the Team Artifacts view.
- Expand the project area and the "Reports" node.
- Right-click on "Report Templates" and select "Deploy New Templates..." from the context menu.
- A list of available report templates will appear. Select the report templates you wish to deploy.
- After the templates are created, you may create new reports from the templates by right-clicking on a reports folder and selecting "New > Report...".
The resulting report will appear in both the rich client and in the web UI.
In the particular case of Burnup, selecting the "Burnup" and "Micro Burnup" templates for deployment will ensure that the Burnup report is available in the dashboard as well.
You do not need to create a new report from the "Micro Burnup" template - as long as the template is deployed, the dashboard will make use of it.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.