How do you silently install the IBM Rational Synergy 7.1 client on Microsoft Windows?
A silent install is where you do not require any user input to complete the installation. This is a vital requirement where you have many client machines to install.
Steps required to complete a silent install of the client:
- Copy the full installer
- Extract this installer into the folder
- In command line, navigate to
setup /r /f1"C:\setup.iss"and select the required options and "
Install Compact Client". This will create the file
c:\setup.isswhich you will need for the silent installation.
- Copy the extracted installer folder
c:\ratlSynergy_7-1-0_Windows_Informixto a shared folder or a local folder on the target machine where you want to install the client.
c:\setup.issto the same location used in step 5..
- On the target machine, navigate to the folder used in step 5. For example
setup /s /f1"C:\setup.iss" /v"LAPAgree=\"Yes\""
- Wait a few minutes, after which you should see the Rational Synergy desktop shortcut and Rational Synergy 7.1 under add/remove programs.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.