Silent install of Rational Synergy client on Windows
How do you silently install the IBM Rational Synergy 7.1 client on Microsoft Windows?
A silent install is where you do not require any user input to complete the installation. This is a vital requirement where you have many client machines to install.
Steps required to complete a silent install of the client:
- Copy the full installer
- Extract this installer into the folder
- In command line, navigate to
setup /r /f1"C:\setup.iss"and select the required options and "
Install Compact Client". This will create the file
c:\setup.isswhich you will need for the silent installation.
- Copy the extracted installer folder
c:\ratlSynergy_7-1-0_Windows_Informixto a shared folder or a local folder on the target machine where you want to install the client.
c:\setup.issto the same location used in step 5..
- On the target machine, navigate to the folder used in step 5. For example
setup /s /f1"C:\setup.iss" /v"LAPAgree=\"Yes\""
- Wait a few minutes, after which you should see the Rational Synergy desktop shortcut and Rational Synergy 7.1 under add/remove programs.