Importing attachments in Telelogic DOORS module from an RCR
How can you import attachments directly in Telelogic DOORS module from a Requirement Change Request (RCR) that is updated in Telelogic Change?
Attachments created in Telelogic Change are stored in Telelogic Synergy database.
- No “attachment” attribute is mapped to a corresponding DOORS attribute.
It is possible to import attachments from DOORS to Change, but there no option to import attachment/document from Change directly into DOORS.
In DOORS, an attachment can be added to a module.
Attachments created in Telelogic Change are saved in Telelogic Synergy database whereas DOORS has its own database (file system) to store DOORS data.
When a RCR is assigned to a DOORS user from Change, there are certain attributes in the RCR submission field which are modifiable by a DOORS user.
Steps to view the list of the modifiable attributes are as follows:
- Login to Telelogic DOORS.
- Open a module in exclusive edit mode
- Under Change Management Tab, click on Requirement Change Request > Customize RCR attribute
By default only three attributes are mapped between DOORS and Change.
- crstatus == csinst_rcr_crstatus
- problem_number == csinst_rcr_ problem_number
- problem_synopsis == csinst_rcr_ problem_ synopsis
You can add any new attribute in Change for example ‘test_new_attribute’ and a map the corresponding DOOR attribute for example ‘csinst_rcr_test_new_attribute’, but this will only comprise of the attributes already defined in Change for integration.
This does not contain any ‘attachment’ (cvtype) attribute.
More support for:
Software version: 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.7, 5.0, 5.1
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1396076
Modified date: 17 August 2009
Translate this page: