Running rgy_backup command does not work without any errors on Microsoft Windows 2008 when using IBM Rational ClearCase.
The directory ccase-home-dir\var\rgy\backup on this host is expected to be filled, but it is empty.
Steps to reproduce:
- Follow the steps in Defining a Windows computer as a backup registry host.
- Run rgy_backup to back up the registry data from the primary registry host to the directory ccase-home-dir\var\rgy\backup, but it is empty.
- There is no output in the rgy_backup log.
Missing the Windows registry key RegBackup due to Windows Registry Virtualization (User Account Control).
For 32 bit OS:
For 64 bit OS:
Resolving the problem
Run the rgy_backup command as an Administrator.
- Open the ClearCase Control Panel by using Run as Administrator to update the Registry page.
- Run rgy_backup to back up the registry data from the primary registry host to the directory ccase-home-dir\var\rgy\backup on this host.
- Optional: Run cleartool getlog rgy_backup from the command line to show output in the rgy_backup log.
Monday, March 25, 2013 2:07:59 AM. host "<< host name >>", pid <number>, user
Registry backup started at yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss
Registry backup finished at yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss