How do I stop entries being added to the TAUD_ALO_AUDIT_LOG table?
I see the TAUD_ALO_AUDIT_LOG table is constantly being updated with different auditing information and events. How do I stop entries being added to the TAUD_ALO_AUDIT_LOG table?
The following types of audit information is saved to the TAUD_ALO_AUDIT_LOG table:
- Users who log on or log out of the application
- Items or roles that were created
- Item modifications
- Import and export activities
- Queries done using DB Admin
- Specs that were created
- Alerts that were created and are listed in the Alerts Subscription Console
Most actions done in the application involve an event. All event-related information is stored temporarily in the TEVT_QUE_QUEUE table. Events are added to an event queue. Audit logs are created every time an event is executed, then the event processor processes the event queue. Once the event queue has been processed and logged to the TAUD_ALO_AUDIT_LOG table, the event queue is emptied.
There are advantages and disadvantages of disabling audit logs and alerts:
- Advantage: If the application is used heavily the TAUD_ALO_AUDIT_LOG table may grow extensively which can lead to performance issues.
- Disadvantage: System events will not be logged and application alerts will not be received.
In order to stop events and alerts from being added to the TAUD_ALO_AUDIT_LOG table you have to set the parameter fire_event_processor_events = false in the $TOP/etc/default/common.properties.
Note: This change requires an application restart.
|Information Management||InfoSphere Master Data Management Server for Product Information Management||AIX, Linux, Solaris||6.0, 9.0, 9.1|
|Information Management||WebSphere Product Center||AIX, Linux, Solaris||5.3.2|
WebSphere Product Center
InfoSphere MDM Server for PIM
InfoSphere Master Data Management Server for Product Information Management
More support for:
InfoSphere Master Data Management Collaboration Server
Software version: 10.0
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris
Reference #: 1389960
Modified date: 2012-07-12