Using an activation key to activate Lotus Foundations
This document applies only to the following language version(s):
How do I activate a installation of Lotus Foundations?
Important Note: If you have not received your Lotus Foundations key following your order, please email IBMLotusFoundations_Ops@us.ibm.com to follow up on your order status.
Lotus Foundations first installs on a system as a 30 day trial. While in trial mode, most features are fully enabled. To gain all the features that you have purchased, it is important to install the activation key that you have received as part of your purchase. The activation key is an alphanumeric string which takes on the form:
Where X is an alphanumeric character.
Installing the Activation Key
There are two ways to install an activation key. If you are accessing the system for the first time following an installation, you will be required to create an administrator account. During this process, you will also be provided the opportunity to enter your activation key. If you do not enter the activation key at this time, the system will go into trial mode.
Activating a system while creating an administrator account
To create and administrator account, perform the following steps from a workstation that is connected to the network:
- Open a Web browser on the workstation.
- Read the IP address on the console of the Lotus Foundations server. For demonstration purposes, the IP address 192.168.0.1 is used.
https://192.168.0.1:8043into the web browser's address bar and press Enter.
- The Licensing screens are displayed. For each license, read and if you agree, accept the license terms.
- After the licensing screens, the Create Administrator Account page is displayed.
- When installing Lotus Foundations, the administrator user name must be root.
- Enter a password.
- Re-enter the password to verify that it was entered correctly.
- Enter the registered internet domain name of your organization.
- Enter the software activation key in the activation key field.
- Click Save Changes.
The main WebConfig page is displayed. If the Administrator Account Created page is displayed, click Login and the main WebConfig page is displayed.
Activating a system after an administrator has been created
If you have already created an administrator account, or an existing activation key is already installed and you wish to install a new one, follow the steps below:
- From a web browser log into WebConfig (
https://serverAddress:8043) as an administrative user.
- From the left-side menu, select and click the Software Update menu entry. The Software Update screen will be shown.
- Enter your activation key in the Activation Key text field.
- Click the Save Changes button to submit the activation key.
Once an activation key is submitted, Lotus Foundations will connect with the licensing server to download the features that you have purchased. This should occur within a few minutes of submitting the activation key. If you choose to upgrade your system, all future features or additions will be automatically downloaded by Lotus Foundations.
More support for:
Lotus End of Support Products
Lotus Foundations Start
Software version: 1.0, 1.1, 1.2
Operating system(s): Linux
Reference #: 1386164
Modified date: 06 March 2013