Collect troubleshooting data for relationship problems in WebSphere Process Server (WPS)
You are having a relationship problem in WebSphere Process Server. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the WebSphere Process Server Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Resolving the problem
Collect the MustGather information for problems with relationships in WebSphere Process Server. Gathering this information before calling IBM support helps in understanding the problem and saves time when analyzing the data.
Setting the trace string
Set the following trace string, then reproduce the problem. For instructions, see the main WebSphere Process Server MustGather document.
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors.
Required diagnostic information
Gather the following information and files:
General diagnostic information
- Problem description
- Environment description
- Server logs: All files from
- Project interchange (PI) or enterprise archive (EAR) file from the relevant applications
Instructions for collecting the diagnostic information
For instructions on collecting the general diagnostic information, see the "Manually collect troubleshooting information" section in Collecting troubleshooting data for WebSphere Process Server Version 6.
What to do next
- Review the log files and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you have collected to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
For a listing of all technotes, downloads, and educational materials specific to WebSphere Process Server , search the WebSphere Process Server support page.
More support for:
WebSphere Process Server
Relationships (Service & Manager)
Software version: 6.1, 6.1.2, 6.2, 7.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1382756
Modified date: 21 October 2009