If you installed WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit version 6.2 Interim Fix 2, you must remove it or future product upgrades might be affected.
If you installed WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit V6.2 Interim Fix 2, you must remove it. It has been determined that Interim Fix 2 might affect future upgrades of WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit V6.2, particularly when it is installed on an instance of WebSphere Integration Developer V6.2 with the optional test server installed.
If you require the fixes from WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit V6.2 Interim Fix 2, you must install WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit V6.2 Interim Fix 3.
Use the instructions below to remove WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit V6.2 Interim Fix 2.
Uninstalling Interim Fix 2
Before uninstalling WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit Version 6.2 Interim Fix 2, remove any additional interim fixes you have applied to the toolkit environment after you applied Interim Fix 2.
- Close any running Rational Application Developer or WebSphere Integration Developer workspace and stop all application servers, process servers, and related processes.
- Start the IBM Installation Manager and click Roll Back.
- On the Roll Back Packages dialog, click Next.
- Select the package group that has the IBM WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit 6.2 installed and click Next.
- Under the installed IBM WebSphere Business Monitor development toolkit 220.127.116.11, select the appropriate version (6.2.0.001 or 18.104.22.168) and click Next.
- Click Roll Back.
- When the rollback is completed, click View Log File on the last panel to verify that there are no errors.
Note: You might see the following error message in the displayed log file: WebSphere Application Server version 22.214.171.124 test environment from Rational Application Developer is not installed. You must install the WebSphere Application Server version 6.1 test environment from Rational Application Developer version 7 and upgrade it to version 126.96.36.199. You can safely ignore this error.
- If you have the WebSphere Business Monitor test environment installed, open the interim fix uninstallation log file in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\Installation Manager\logs\native\WBMonitorUpdate\removeFix\<DATE>\188.8.131.52-WS-WBM-IF0000002_UTE.uninstall\updatelog.txt
The last three lines of the file should look similar to the following:
(Feb 13, 2009 10:50:27 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.SettleNIFRegistryAction, msg1, Current install/uninstall process is successful. Process type is: maintenance
(Feb 13, 2009 10:50:27 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.SetExitCodeAction, msg1, CWUPI0000I: EXITCODE=0
(Feb 13, 2009 10:50:27 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.ISMPLogSuccessMessageAction, msg1, INSTCONFSUCCESS
- Start Rational Application Developer or WebSphere Integration Developer with the -clean option (for example, app_dev_root\eclipse.exe -clean or integration_dev_root\wid.exe -clean).
- Verify that WebSphere Business Monitor Server 6.2 can be started from the Servers tab without error.
Updating support applications after successful uninstallation
For each of your WebSphere Business Monitor stand-alone profiles created in the WebSphere Business Monitor test environment, you must update the following monitor JCA application to the previous version manually.
|(or this file)||<integration_dev_root>/runtimes/bi_v62/installableApps.wbm/MobileDashboard.ear|
|Business Space Widgets||<app_dev_root>/runtimes/base_v61/installableApps/BSpaceWidgets.ear|
|(or this file)||<integration_dev_root>/runtimes/bi_v62/installableApps/BSpaceWidgets.ear|
|(or this file)||<integration_dev_root >/runtimes/bi_v62/installableApps.wbm/IBM_WBM_MSS_SERVICE.ear|
Details on the procedure to update monitor JCA applications are documented at the following location:
Updating applications with the console
Note: In step 4b of the procedure documented at the above location, where you use the update wizard to specify or edit application binding information, do not modify any information. Click Next on each page of the wizard until you reach the last page, then continue with step 5 (where you will click Finish on the last page of the wizard).
|Business Integration||WebSphere Integration Developer||Windows||6.2|