How to export reports from one environment to another
How to 'transfer' report specifications from server to server such as DEV to UAT or UAT to PROD
Resolving the problem
There are two options:
A) Move the reports manually
B) Move them all together as a Package
A) Moving the reports manually
- Open the report in Server1's Report Studio
- Select Tools > Copy Report specs to clipboard
- Open notepad and paste the output into the workspace
- Save the file
- Launch Server2's Report Studio
- Select Tools > Open Report specs from clipboard
B) Moving them all together as a Package
- Navigate to Server1 Cognos Connection > Tools > Content Administration.
- Click on new export.
- Select the package(s) and/or folder(s) which contain the report(s) you wish to export and complete the wizard . click OK.
- Locate ../<Server1>/deployment/<filename>.zip
- Copy the file to ../<Server2>/deployment/
- Navigate to Server2 <strong>Cognos Connection > Tools > Content Administration
- Click on new import.
- Select the package(s) and/or folder(s) which contain the report(s) you wish to import and complete the wizard . click OK
- Click on Home to view the reports in the package.
More support for:
Cognos Business Intelligence
Software version: 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Windows
Reference #: 1382301
Modified date: 07 November 2016