After you enable the Domino Attachment Object Service (DAOS) in Lotus Domino 8.5, you notice the quota indicator on the mail file (in both DWA and Notes clients) is different from the disk space on the mail database properties and physical size shown on the disk (Domino directory > File > Mail file statistics).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Enable DAOS on the server.
2. Enable transaction logging on the server.
3. Select "Check Space used in File When Adding a Note" in the Quota enforcement value field in the transaction log of server documents.
4. Enable DAOS on the mail file and mail.box.
5. Enable quotas on the mail file.
6. Access the mail file through Notes client or iNotes.
7. The quota indicators show a different value from the disk space value in the mail database properties and Physical size shown on the disk (Domino Directory > File > Mail file statistics).
Quotas indicator is equal to the disk space value in the mail database properties and the physical size on disk when this issue does not occur which happens in the following two scenarios;
1). When DAOS is not enabled.
2). When DAOS is enabled and the option "Check Space used in File When Adding a Note" is selected in the server document.
This issue occurs if the "quota enforcement value" field on the Server document is set to "Check file size when extending the file" or "Check file size when adding a note".
Diagnosing the problem
It is expected that the quota indicator should show the same size with logical size as display on info Tab of mail file's properties.
Resolving the problem
This issue was reported to Quality Engineering as SPR# KBRT7LHHUJ and is fixed in Notes and Domino 8.5.1.
Refer to the Upgrade Central site for details on upgrading Notes/Domino.