Attempt to take an IBM Rational RequisitePro document offline results in error: "Offline copy failed..."
An attempt to take an IBM Rational RequisitePro document offline results in an error indicating that it cannot be made offline"Offline copy failed...".
After you try to take an IBM Rational RequisitePro document offline the following error appears.
Offline copy failed. Unable to create the offline document <document name> at path <path to where the file is being taken offline to>.
Document will not be processed.
Make sure the destination file is not currently open.
When a document is taken offline, a temporary file is created with a file extension of .~OTE in the
(For RequisitePro 7.0.x:
<install drive>:\Program Files\Rational\RequisitePro\bin)
(For RequisitePro 7.1.x:
<install drive>:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\RequisitePro\bin)
Because this file already exists, RequisitePro throws an error, because it appears that the document is already offline.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue:
- Confirm that the user has read/write permissions on the Windows Temp directory.
- Confirm that the user has read/write permissions on the RequisitePro\bin directory.
- Close Microsoft Word.
- Log out of IBM Rational RequisitePro.
- Go to <install drive>:\Program Files\Rational\RequisitePro\bin directory.
- Look for a .~OTE file that has a name matching the name of the document that you are trying to take offline.
- Delete the .~OTE file.
- Log back into your IBM Rational RequisitePro project and take the document offline.
More support for:
Software version: 7.0, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 7.0.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 7.1, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1380565
Modified date: 27 September 2013
Translate this page: