How do you get maintenance for the IBM Explorer for z/OS, IBM Explorer for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) V4.1, V4.2 and V5.1, and the IBM CICS Explorer plug-ins that come with CICS Configuraton Manager for z/OS (CICS CM), CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS (CICS DA), CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS (CICS IA), CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS (CICS PA), and IBM Session Manager (ISM)?
Similar to other IBM products running on a personal computer (PC), maintenance will be delivered on the PC directly rather than through SMP/E on z/OS.
This allows you to apply maintenance to the IBM Explorer for z/OS, CICS Explorer and its plug-ins from the machine that it is running on without having to apply SMP/E PTFs and then having to copy fixes across to the PC.
IBM provides two methods for you to obtain maintenance for the IBM Explorer for z/OS, CICS Explorer and the CICS Explorer plug-ins and another two methods for installing this maintenance.
These are the two methods that you can use obtain maintenance for the IBM Explorer for z/OS, CICS Explorer, and the CICS Explorer plug-ins:
These are the two methods that you can use to install your obtained maintenance for the CICS Explorer and the CICS Explorer plug-ins. You must use the first method, IBM Installation Manager, to install maintenance for IBM Explorer for z/OS:
Find the URL below that corresponds to the version of the CICS Explorer that you would like to use and then review your selected method of installation.
Note: This site is both an IM Repository site and an Eclipse P2 Update site
This site covers the following products:
- IBM Explorer for z/OS 2.1.0
- CICS Explorer 5.1.1
- CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS plug-in 5.1.1
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS plug-in 5.1.1
- CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS plug-in 5.1.1
- CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS plug-in 5.1.1
There are no previous releases of IBM Explorer for z/OS.
These are all Eclipse P2 Update Sites.
Composite Update Site for CICS Explorer 5.1.0 and associated plug-ins:
This site covers the following products:
- CICS Explorer 5.1.0
- CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS plug-in 5.1.0
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS plug-in 5.1.0
- CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS plug-in 5.1.0
- CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS plug-in 5.1.0
Update Sites for CICS Explorer V1:
- 1.1.1 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/explorer/1.1/1.1.1/
- 1.1.0 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/explorer/1.1/1.1.0/
- 1.0.1 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/explorer/1.0/1.0.1/
- 1.0.0 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/explorer/1.0/1.0.0/
CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS plug-in
- 2.1.1 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/cm/2.1/2.1.1/
- 2.1.0 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/cm/2.1/2.1.0/
CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS plug-in
CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS plug-in
- 3.2 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/ia/3.2/3.2.0/
- 3.1 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/ia/3.1/3.1.0/
CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS plug-in
- 3.2.1 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/pa/3.2/3.2.1/
- 3.2.0 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/pa/3.2/3.2.0/
- 3.1 - http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/updates/pa/3.1/3.1.0/
IBM Session Manager for z/OS plug-in
Fix Central has been designed to make it easy to find and obtain fixes by providing multiple search and ordering options.
These include the following:
- Search by APAR or SPR identifier
- Search by Fix ID
- Search by arbitrary text
- Search for recommended groups
- Limit search results by category, product, release, and platform
- Include prerequisite and corequisite fixes
- Download using Download Director, HTTP, or FTP
IBM Fix Central is located at: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/
In order to find available updates, select the following options:
Product Group: Other Software
Product: < the product you are updating>
Version: < the version of the product you are updating>
Operating System: < the operating system the product is installed on>
You will then be able to view the available fixes, and download the appropriate one.
The products will have the following names:
- CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS
- CICS Explorer
- CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- IBM Explorer for z/OS
- IBM Session Manager for z/OS
The version of the product, you are updating can be found by running the base Eclipse package product such as IBM Explorer for z/OS or CICS Explorer and selecting Help > About < base product name > from the top menu and viewing the version in the about text. For plug-ins within that product, click the " Installation Details" button and navigate through the Installed Software table.
With the introduction of IBM Explorer for z/OS 2.1.0 and CICS Explorer 5.1.1, IBM Installation Manager is now the recommended way of installing and updating these products as well as CICS Explorer's associated plug-ins.
IBM Installation Manager provides wizards that guide you through the steps that you must take to install, modify, update, rollback, or uninstall your IBM products.
Note that IBM Explorer for z/OS maintenance must be installed using IBM Installation Manager.
- Open the Installation Manager File > Preferences > Repositories page
- To update using the composite update site, you must ensure that your chosen repository is available.
- To update using the Installation Manager Repository downloaded from Fix Central, you must ensure that the zip file is added as a repository.
- Click the Update option in the Installation Manager wizard, and follow the prompts to update your chosen products.
- Please note that if you are using the IBM-Hosted repository site then you can update multiple products at the same time.
If you would like further guidance on how to use IBM Installation Manager to update your products then please refer to the IBM Installation Manager information center.
Since the CICS Explorer is written on top of the Eclipse framework, you can use the Eclipse Update framework to update these products and their associated plug-ins with any available maintenance. This is provided by the built-in Eclipse Update Manager.
The Eclipse Update Manager is a robust Update Manager that manages updates to an Eclipse application to ensure applications are updated consistently and in a fail-safe manner.
In particular, the Eclipse Update Manager provides dependency management so that Eclipse applications that have dependencies on other Eclipse plug-ins can explicitly state which prerequisites and co-requisites are necessary to install the fix. This allows, for example, a CICS Performance Analyzer fix to enforce a dependency on a particular level of the CICS Explorer so that the CICS Performance Analyzer fix would only install into the CICS Explorer if the dependency was satisfied. This ensures that maintenance is always applied correctly and leaves the CICS Explorer in a consistent state.
The Eclipse Update Manager also provides roll-back capability so that any maintenance applied can always be rolled-back after application. It also allows cumulative maintenance to be rolled back so that no matter how much maintenance is applied, the application can always be rolled back to the original configuration if necessary. This is a useful fail-safe method to ensure that applying maintenance is not a one-way activity.
- Run the base Eclipse package product (such as IBM Explorer for z/OS or CICS Explorer) as usual.
- Select Help > Install New Software... from the top menu.
- Click the Available Software Sites hyperlink.
- Use the Add... button to either add the IBM-hosted update site if it is not already present in the table or to add the zip file downloaded from IBM Fix Central.
- Click OK in the Preferences Dialog to return
- Select Help -> Check For Updates
- If any are available please follow instructions in the dialogs to install.
If you would like further guidance on how to use the Eclipse provided updating facilities please refer to the Eclipse Workbench User Guide
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS||IA Explorer||z/OS||5.1, 3.2, 3.1|
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS||CICS Explorer Plug-in||z/OS||5.1, 3.2, 3.1|
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS||CICS Explorer Plug-in||z/OS||5.1, 2.1, 1.2|
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS||Explorer Plug-in||z/OS||5.1, 1.1|
|Host Transaction Processing||IBM Session Manager||CICS Explorer Plug-in||z/OS||3.2, 3.1|
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS Transaction Gateway||CICS Explorer plug-in||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS||9.0, 8.1, 8.0, 7.2, 7.1|
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS VSAM Transparency for z/OS||CICS Explorer plug-in||z/OS||2.1|
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server