If FastBack is used to back up Exchange 2007 CCR or LCR implementations, it is possible that either the secondary copy of the Exchange DB could get out of synch with the primary copy or data base logs may be improperly truncated after a snapshot.
It has recently been reported that the support in FastBack (Version 5.5.3 and earlier) does not always register backups correctly or truncate logs correctly when doing snapshots of Exchange 2007 databases in a Clustered Continuous Replication (CCR) or Local Continuous Replication (LCR) environment.
As a result, it is possible that either the secondary copy of the Exchange DB could get out of synch with the primary copy or data base logs may be improperly truncated after a snapshot.
Who is Affected: FastBack customers (Version 5.5.3 and earlier) using Exchange 2007 with LCR or CCR activated.
Recommendation: Use the procedure documented in the attachment below until a fix is available. Alternatively, wait for the resolution of APARs IC59771 and IC59773. These two APARs are actively being worked on and engineering estimates that an efix will be available before mid-April 2009. A permanent fix will be available before the end of April 2009.
Update: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack 188.8.131.52 includes a fix for IC59771 and IC59773.
To download Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack 184.108.40.206, complete the following steps:
- Go to the IBM Support Fix Central Web site at http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral.
- For Product Group, select Tivoli. Click Continue.
- For Product, select IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack. Click Continue.
- For Installed Version, select the version you have installed. Click Continue.
- For Platform, select Windows. Click Continue.
- Sign in using your IBM ID and password.
- On the Identify Fixes window, select Browse fixes.
- From the list of fixes, select All. Do not select the checkbox for Do not show fixes that change my installed version. Click Continue.
- Select Fix Pack: 220.127.116.11-TIV-FBMFB-FP001.zip. Click Continue.
The ZIP file includes a readme file that explains how to install the software package.
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack Center||Windows||5.5||All Editions|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Microsoft Exchange||Windows||5.5||All Editions|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.