This technote identifies a problem in IBM Rational Team Concert when attempting to connect to a floating license Jazz team server and provides a fix for the issue.
You are running Rational Jazz Team server 1.0.1 on tomcat application server. You have configured another Jazz team server as a floating license server. You attempt to connect to the floating license server from a different Jazz team server, but the following error was caught:
A connection to the license server was attempted with warnings. Resolve warnings to continue:
WARNING: CRJAZ1300I The license server "http:// myfloatinglicenseserver:9080/jazz" could not be contacted. Check to make sure the address is correct, and that the server has been started.
Your floating license server was upgraded from Jazz Team server 1.0. After the upgrade, you kept the original web.xml file comes with Jazz Team server 1.0 and did not replace it with the one comes with Jazz Team server 1.0.1. The upgraded web.xml has improvements to support floating licenses.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue:
- Stop the Jazz team server which you have configured as the floating license server.
- Right click on web.xml file under the default location: C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps\jazz\WEB-INF, choose Edit.
- Check if you have the following code in blue color below for supporting floating license, if not, copy and paste them in, right before the text high light in red below. You should already have the code high light in red below in your web.xml file.
<!-- Opens up the floating license service to unauthenticated / unencrypted
access to avoid dealing with credentials and security certificates in
server to server communication -->
<!-- Leaving out the <auth-constraint> section means these resources don't require authentication -->
<!-- Leaving out the <user-data-constraint> section means these resources don't require SSL -->
- Save the change.
- Restart the Jazz team server.
- Try connect to the floating license server again from the other Jazz team server, using url in format: http://floating-license-server:9080/jazz. It should work this time.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.