Silently installing ClearCase 7.1 as equivalent to installing by siteprep in pre 7.1 versions
What is the IBM Rational ClearCase (CC) 7.1 equivalent to installing by siteprep in pre-7.1 versions?
ClearCase 7.1 uses Installation Manager and siteprep is no longer available.
Silent install using a response file is a similar method to using siteprep.
The steps below point to the appropriate sections of the ClearCase 7.1 installation documentation and will help you to install ClearCase 7.1 (siteprep style).
- Verifying and extracting electronic images
- Installing the Packaging Utility
- Copying product packages using Packaging Utility
- Recording a response file using Installation Manager without installing
- Install Installation Manager from all clients:
IBM Installation Manager tasks
- Setting repository preferences in Installation Manager
- Installing and running Installation Manager in silent mode