Rational ClearCase installation fails with an unsupported platform error while installing the CM Server for ClearCase Remote Clients feature on HP Itanium
When installing IBM Rational ClearCase with the CM Server for ClearCase Remote Clients feature selected, the installation fails during the installation of IBM Websphere Application Server or IBM HTTP Server.
The installation fails with one of the following errors.
Error during install phase:
failed to install WebSphere Application server version 188.8.131.52
CWUPI0036E: A supported operating system was not detected.
Current detected OS level: HP-UX zephyr B.11.31 U ia64 3850128427
Error executing "/var/tmp/common/IHS_tmp/IHS_184.108.40.206/IHS/install" operation (status=134).
See agent output log for more information: /var/ibm/InstallationManager/logs/native/20090121_1616.log
The following is an excerpt from the referenced log file:.
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
# SIGSEGV (11) at pc=9fffffffeb0942a0, pid=27634, tid=30
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0.03 jinteg:02.14.06-00:56 IA64W mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# J java.util.LinkedHashMap.createEntry(ILjava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;I)V
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid27634.log
# Please report this error to HP customer support.
@(#)Unexpected Exception regs: see 0x9fffffffef786fd0
sh: 27634 Abort(coredump)
Firmware and patch upgrades must be applied to the machine.
Resolving the problem
To work around this issue:
- Upgrade the system's firmware to the latest revision. The firmware consists of three or four components depending on the model of the system: MP, BMC, FP, or IPMI.
- Apply patch bundles to the machine:
Note: QPAK11i is a requirement and consists of the BASE and APPs parts.
- Download the HPjconfig utility from the HP website.
- Run the utility to determine whether the system is configured properly for java. To get the latest system configuration data, the system must be able to access the internet. Use the following commands:
- java -jar HPjconfig.jar -nogui -patches -listmis
- java -jar HPjconfig.jar -nogui -tunables -listmis
More support for:
Software version: 7.1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 7.1.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 7.1.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): HP-UX
Reference #: 1372950
Modified date: 22 March 2016