How to make new custom attributes available in existing Work Items
How can new custom attributes be made available in already existing Work Items in IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)?
Newly created custom attributes will not be added to existing work items until the attributes are synchronized.
Synchronizing the attributes can be done in one of two ways:
Running a Query to Synchronize Attributes
- Create query that will result with all the already existing Work Items.
- Select all work items in the Work Items view (or only those, in which you want to have new custom attributes added).
- Right click on the Type column (by default it is the first column on the left).
- Choose Synchronize Attributes option.
Checking Attribute Usage in Repository
- Open your Project Area in the Eclipse client
- Navigate to the Process Configuration tab
- Navigate to Project Configuration -> Configuration Data -> Work Items -> Types and Attributes
- Scroll down the page and select Check Attribute Usage in the Repository
- Select Synchronize Attributes in the dialog that appears.
If no dialog appears, the work items are already synchronized.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 1.0, 1.0.1, 126.96.36.199, 2.0, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 3.0, 3.0.1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 4.0, 184.108.40.206, 4.0.1
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Software edition: Standard
Reference #: 1372230
Modified date: 28 February 2009
Translate this page: