What Sametime client versions are embedded in what Notes client versions?
What Sametime client versions are embedded in what Lotus Notes client versions?
A specific Sametime version is packaged "in the box" with each Notes client version. The Notes version and Sametime embedded version that ship together are as follows:
- Notes 8.0 = Sametime 7.5.1
- Notes 8.0.1 = Sametime 8.0
- Notes 8.0.2 = Sametime 8.0 + some fixes
- Notes 8.5 = Sametime 8.0.1
- Notes 8.5.1 = Sametime 8.0.2 (specifically 220.127.116.1190919-0400)
- Notes 8.5.2 = Sametime 8.0.2 (specifically 18.104.22.16800802-0849)
- Notes 8.5.3 = Sametime 8.5.1
- Notes 9.0 = Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1
To see this information within the Notes client, select Help -> About Lotus Notes -> Feature Details button.
Upgrading the embedded Sametime to a later version
One of the options for Notes client feature deployment is use of a custom add-on installer. To allow you to upgrade the version of the Sametime client embedded within the Notes client, the latest release of Sametime provides an add-on installer already customized to perform this version upgrade.
The following table shows the Sametime version that is included in-the-box with the Notes client, and the available add-on installers for Sametime 8.5.x.
Table of embedded versions and add-on installer versions:
|Client||Sametime version (shipped in the box)||Add-on installer for 8.5|
|Notes 8.0||7.5.1||Not applicable|
|Notes 8.0.1||8.0||Not applicable|
|Notes 8.0.2||8.0||Not applicable|
|Notes 8.5||8.0.1||Not applicable|
|Notes 8.5.1 FP1||8.0.2||
|Notes 9.0||8.5.2 IFR1||
|Notes 9.0.1||8.5.2 IFR1||
Refer to the download document for a particular Sametime version to identify the part number to obtain the client add-on installer:
For an example of how to perform this upgrade, refer to "Upgrading the IBM Lotus Sametime client embedded in IBM Lotus Notes to Lotus Sametime 8.5.1." This wiki article describes how to upgrade the Sametime embedded client within a Notes 8.5.1 FP3 client from Sametime 8.0.2 to Sametime 8.5.1 by using either the Sametime add-on installer alone or in conjunction with Lotus Notes Smart Upgrade.
Only when a Notes update or install, or Sametime add-on installer, containing newer Sametime client code is run will the embedded Sametime client be upgraded.
- Notes client install versions containing older Sametime versions WILL NOT downgrade the newer embedded Sametime client when installed over a Notes client with an upgraded embedded Sametime client.
- Notes client install versions containing newer Sametime versions WILL upgrade the embedded Sametime client when installed over a Notes client with an upgraded, but older, embedded Sametime client.
|Messaging Applications||IBM Notes||Instant Messaging||Windows||8.5, 8.0|
More support for:
Software version: 8.5, 8.5.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.5.2, 188.8.131.52, 9.0, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): Linux, OS X, Windows
Reference #: 1370003
Modified date: 04 October 2011
Translate this page: