This document applies only to the following language version(s):
By default, when I.T. administrator installs the Controller Excel link file "ClientAdmin.msi", it installs to the following folder:
Customer would like to install it to a different folder/path. How can they do this?
Resolving the problem
Run the install routine from a command prompt, and use the "COGNOSDIR=" and "DOTNETDIR=" parameters.
- There are several different Controller client MSI files. Make sure you have chosen the type most relevant to your needs
- For more information, see separate IBM Technote #1371088.
- To automatically distribute the Add-in for Excel remotely to the Cognos 8 Controller client computers, run the ClientAdmin.msi file (on those Cognos 8 Controller client computers) via third-party deployment tools (such as Active Directory or Patchlink).
- Obtain a copy of "ClientAdmin.msi". TIP: By default, this is located on the application server here: <c8_location>\webcontent\ccr
- Logon to the client device as a Windows administrator
- Copy the ClientAdmin.msi file to a location on the client device (e.g. into C:\TEMP)
- Open a command prompt and change directory to where you copied the ClientAdmin.msi file (e.g. cd C:\TEMP)
- Run the following command:
msiexec /i ClientAdmin.Msi COGNOSDIR=
NOTE: instead of 'c:\foldername' enter the path you wish to install to.
|Business Analytics||Cognos 8 Controller||Controller||Windows||8.3|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.