Adding Telelogic License Server to Rational License Server
What happens if you install the IBM Telelogic License Server 1.5 on top of the Rational License Server 7.1?
You may have both TELELOGIC and RATIONAL products and need to use IBM Rational and Telelogic license server's to serve out licenses.
When you run the installer, you see that the Telelogic license server has a different organization than the Rational License Server.
The Telelogic installer of about 8 MB creates its own path and files into your existing Rational License Server (LMTOOLS). In addition, the installer adds its own service to your existing license server.
- Rational License Server files and log (7.1):
- Telelogic license file and log:
The following steps describe the installation of the Telelogic license server.
- Start the installation wizard and click Next on the first page.
- In the screen Choose Destination Location, browse to your Destination Folder.
- In the screen License File location type the full path of your License File and License Log and click Next .
Note: If you see a message similar to license.dat not found, click OK to close the message box.
- In the Start Copying Files screen click Next .
- You will then find a new lmtools shortcut in:
Start > All Programs > Telelogic > Tools > Licensing 11 > Server > LMTOOLS.
This shortcut links to the same utility.
The installation adds a new background service.
new path and files