Customer wishes to to export structures (e.g. company and/or account configuration information) from their system. For example, they may want to:
(1) Send their structure configuration to IBM Support
(2) Copy their structure configuration from database1 (e.g. their production system) to database2 (e.g. a test system)
How can they do this?
Resolving the problem
Use the 'Transfer' menu to export and import the relevant structures.
(1) Steps to export structures
- Launch Controller, and logon to source database as an administrator (e.g. ADM)
- Click "Transfer - Export Structures"
- Choose directory (folder) where the export file will be created
- If desired, tick the "Compress Export-File" button
- Select each of the structures you wish to export (for example tick the 'Accounts/Forms' box if you wish to export the account structures) or alternatively simply click "Select All" to export everything.
- Click "RUN".
After the process has completed, you will have a file (typically called "FstrucController.FZP") in the export folder location.
(2) Steps to import structures into a different/separate database
- Ensure no users are using the target database
- As a precaution, create a backup of the database that you are intending to import the structures into (target database)
- Launch Controller, and logon to target database as an administrator (e.g. ADM)
- Click "Maintain - Users - Single Mode"
- Click "Transfer - Import Structures"
- Browse for the structure file that was previously created (see above). The system identifies the structures in the file and populates the window accordingly.
- Click on the 'Run' icon and the import will begin.
- IMPORTANT: After the import has completed, you must run a database optimisation. Click "Maintain - Database - Optimize". Tick/select all available options. click "Run".