End user launches a Controller 'standard report', for example 'Reconcile - Between Accounts/Opening Balances for Groups'. Instead of the report, they receive an error message.
Reconcile - Between Accounts/Opening Balances for Groups (Preview)
The object '/portal/report-viewer.xts" could not be created because a required capability is missing.
Users (in this case, members of the Controller Users group) do not have not having enough permissions (defined inside 'Cognos Connection') to run/view this report.
- Specifically, they need to have 'Execute' permissions for the "Cognos Viewer" capabilities.
Controller system configured to use Cognos CAM (non-native) authentication.
Resolving the problem
Ensure that all users (i.e. all members of the "Controller Users" group) have 'Execute' permissions for the Cognos Viewer capabilities.
- PART ONE: Check current permission settings
2. If necessary, click "Administer IBM Cognos Content"
3. Click " Security" tab and then click " Capabilities"
4. Click " Set Properties" for Cognos Viewer
5. Check which groups have 'Execute' permission enabled:
By default, these groups will include "Analysis Users", "Authors", "Consumers", etc. etc. (see above).
- PART TWO: Correct the permission settings
NOTE: Two examples are shown below, but these are not the only possibilities. Check with your BI security administrator about which method is best for you.
Add an entry for the group 'Controller Users', and ensure that this group has 'Execute' permissions ticked.
Add the Controller users to one of the above groups (e.g. 'Consumers').
- Launch Cognos Connection (http://controllerserver/cognos8)
- Click on 'Tools' - 'Directory'
- Open the namespace 'Cognos'
- Locate the group 'Consumers' and click on the icon 'properties' on the right-hand side
- Click 'Members' tab
- Click on 'Add' and open the namespace 'Cognos'
- Tick the boxes to the left of 'Controller Administrators' and 'Controller Users' and click the green arrow to 'Add' these to the right-hand screen
- Click 'OK' then 'OK'
|Business Analytics||Cognos 8 Business Intelligence||Query Studio|
|Business Analytics||Cognos 8 Business Intelligence||Report Studio|
|Business Analytics||Cognos 8 Controller||Controller|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.