"QE-DEF-0288 Unable to find the data source..." running Standard Report, despite "Repair" button not being visible
User receives error message when running a standard report within Cognos Controller. Administrator opens "Controller Configuration" and then opens "Report Server" section. Administrator expected to see the 'Repair' button active (which would have explained the problem) but does not see it.
IBM Cognos software
There are many possible causes for this error.
- For more examples, see Technote #1652954.
The error is (in general) caused by the administrator forgetting to click "Repair" after creating a new database connection.
- For more details, see separate IBM Technote #1367399.
This Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the administrator opens the "Report Server" section but finds that the 'Repair' button is not there, and the customer is using Controller 10.1.1 or later.
- In this specific case, the cause is that (from Controller 10.1.1) the 'Repair' button is automatically invisibly unless the administrator clicks the green "tick" (test") button beforehand.
Resolving the problem
Click green "tick" box before clicking "Repair".
- Logon to the Controller application server as an administrator
- Launch "Controller Configuration"
- Under the "Web Services Server" section open "Report Server"
- IMPORTANT: Click the green "test" tick button
- Click the "Repair" button.
Translate this page: