This document applies only to the following language version(s):
When trying to create a new project using Framework Manager, an error is displayed:
QE-DEF-0368 Unable to decrypt user name and password credentials from the content store.
Invalid keys to decrypt the server communication
Resolving the problem
Using Framework Manager on a workstation or a laptop that already has IBM Cognos ReportNet (CRN) installed, to access an installation on another PC or server, also on Unix, can show this problem.
Changing the Cognos Configuration settings are not enough to allow the client to connect to the server. Deleting the security encryption keys in the client install folder, and recreating keys is required.
1. Close Framework Manager and stop any Cognos ReportNet or BI Server service on the laptop.
2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to <install location>\crn\configuration directory.
3. Delete these three folders: csk, encryptkeypair, signkeypair.
4. Open Cognos Configuration, input the configuration of the target server, and click Save.
5. Start Cognos ReportNet or BI Server service and retry connecting with Framework Manager.