Importing Metadata: BMT-MD-6001 Connection to the data source failed
Importing Metadata from a Planning Contributor fails with an error message. Data Source test is succesfull in Cognos Connection.
BMT-MD-6001 Connection to the data source failed because a valid connection string was not specified.
Resolving the problem
To be able to import Planning - Contributor metadata in Framework Manager, Series 7 (Access Manager) security has to be defined in Cognos Connection and Data source has to use it. .LAE files cannot be used as Cognos 8 does not support it as a Series 7 security, so it must be imported into a directory server prior setup.Steps:
- Set up Access Manager security. Import .LAE into a Directory Server if necessary.
- Define Series 7 security in Cognos Connection, pointing to a Directory Server above.
- Create the Data Source using Series 7 as a "External namespace".
- Login to Series 7 namespace.
- Run Metadata Wizard to import metadata.
More support for:
Cognos 8 Business Intelligence
Software version: 8.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1341957
Modified date: 03 August 2007