There may be times when there is a need to remove a previously installed Fix Pack or Interim Fix (hotsite) and revert to the original installed version. This document describes how to roll back an installed Fix Pack or Interim Fix applied to Cognos BI.
Assuming create backup was selected, there will be a folder with the backup under the uninstall directory. Use these files to roll back. In version 10.2.1 FP1 and above there is no option to create a backup, instead backups are automatically created in the <cognos_install>/bkp directory.
Note that the backup directories only contain copies of all individual files that were modified by the fix pack or interim fix, not the entire contents of the original directory.
Care must also be taken when removing interim fixes to ensure that there weren't later interim fixes applied which also contain some of the same files. It is recommended that a full system and content store backup be performed before attempting.
- Stop the Cognos service and ensure that Cognos Configuration is not running.
- For versions 8 - 10.2.1: In the <cognos_install>/uninstall/backup directory there will be a list of date stamped folders with the applied fix packs and/or interim fixes.
For versions 10.2.1 FP1 and above: This is stored in the <cognos_install>/bkp directory
- Go into the folders and check the cmplst.txt file and check for the correct version to revert to.
- Once the correct version is found, copy the contents of the whole folder and paste it at the <cognos_install> level, which will overwrite the files applied by fix pack or interim fix update.
- Start the Cognos service.