CCRC users might see errors during a view load when using ClearCase 7.1 with Change Management Server (CM Server)
This technote identifies a known defect in the IBM Rational ClearCase Remote Client (CCRC) version 7.1 that causes the view load operation to fail with one of the following errors:
* Error: "java.io.IOException: chunked stream ended unexpectedly"
* Error: "com.ibm.rational.clearcase.remote_core.rpc.MalformedResponse Exception: Part body: premature EOF"
Sometimes the ClearCase operation to load a new or updated view fails with one of the following errors:
Error: "java.io.IOException: chunked stream ended unexpectedly"
Error: "com.ibm.rational.clearcase.remote_core.rpc.MalformedResponseException: Part body: premature EOF"
This issue is under investigation. See APAR PK85311.
Resolving the problem
The error might be seen occasionally based on the network traffic and load. In such cases, try to reload the view.
Otherwise, you can extend the HTTP response write timeout value by performing the following steps:
1. Log in to the WebSphere Application Server Administrative console that is bundled with CM Server by opening a browser window and pointing to the following URL:
2. In the left panel, navigate to Servers > Application Servers > server1 > Ports
3. In the table row containing WC_defaulthost with port 12080 (the default CM Server configuration), click View associated transports.
4. Click WCInboundDefault.
5. Click HTTP inbound channel.
6. Change the value of Write Timeout from 60 to 300.
7. Click OK
8. Click Save.
9. Click Logout.
Note that the default value of Write Timeout changes to 300 during the installation of ClearCase version 7.1.1.
More support for:
ClearCase Remote Client
Software version: 7.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1327153
Modified date: 08 October 2009
Translate this page: