How do I create a report format for an object query?
Change will allow you to query for objects, however, there is no default report with which to display the results. The tool will notify you that:
"Object formats cannot be created in the User interface. Log in with the ReportBuilder role and use the Report Builder to define an object format."
The following describes how to create a simple object report format for use with Object queries:
- Log in as Admin and click on the Report Tab. (With CS 4.3 and newer you can log in as ReportBuilder instead of Admin).
- Click on the 'Create Button'.
- This will open the Report Builder on the General tab. Give your report a Name, e.g. Object Report and change the Type to 'Object'.
- From the 'Reportable Attributes' listbox, move the attributes which you want on the report into the 'Attributes in Report' listbox.
- Click on the 'Update' button.
- Click on the 'Define Query' button and enter a valid query. E.g. "is_associated_object_of(cvtype='task')" .
- Click on the Update button.
- Click on the Save button to save your new report.
- Click on the 'Install' button to install.
This report will now be available in the Pre-Defined formats for an Object Query. You will now be able to use this format in your query for objects.4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.7FAQSCS0063AnswerProduct versionPartner ContentInternal ContentCategoryReference IDAutho