Attempts to migrate an IBM Rational DOORS database results in the error "Failed to initialize database".
The contents of the ts folder have become corrupt.
Note: The ts directory (located under">$SERVERDATA/conf/u1000001.dir/web) contains files that represent inserted pictures in modules that were published to DOORS/Net. These are temporary files created when DOORS/Net users open a published module containing a picture or an OLE object.
Steps to resolve the issue:
- Request all users to logout of DOORS
- Stop the DDBS for v7.1
- Backup the v7.1 database
- Ensure that v8.1 DDBS is stopped
- Replace the copied database from v7.1 in v8.1
- Browse to the path "$SERVERDATA/conf/u1000001.dir/web/ts" and remove all the contents
- Start the v8.1 DDBS
- Start the client for migration process to continue 7.1, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 DOORS Server Migration