Collect troubleshooting data for event sequencing problems in WebSphere Process Server (WPS) and IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) Advanced
You are having a event sequencing problem with WebSphere Process Server or IBM Business Process Manager Advanced. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the WebSphere Process Server or IBM Business Process Manager Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Resolving the problem
Collect troubleshooting data for event sequencing problems in WebSphere Process Server or IBM Business Process Manager Advanced. Gathering this information before calling IBM support helps familiarize you with the troubleshooting process and can save you time. You can use ISA Lite to automate this process.
Setting the trace setting
Set the following trace string, then reproduce the problem. For instructions, see the main WebSphere Process Server MustGather document.
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors.
Required diagnostic information
Gather the following information and files:
General diagnostic information
- Problem description
- Environment description
- Server logs: All files from:
- Project interchange (PI) or enterprise archive (EAR) file from the relevant applications
Event Sequencing diagnostic information
- eventsequencing.properties file
Instructions for collecting the diagnostic information
Collect the diagnostic information following these step:
- Gather the eventsequencing.properties file from <Install_Root>/properties.
- Collect the general diagnostic information, for instructions see the "Manually collect troubleshooting information" section in Collect troubleshooting data for WebSphere Process Server Version 6. The server logs and some of the environment details can be collected with ISA Lite.
What to do next
- Review the logs and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you collected to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
For a listing of all technotes, downloads, and educational materials specific to IBM Business Process Manager Advanced, search the IBM Business Process Manager Advanced support page.
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Advanced||AIX, Linux, Linux zSeries, Solaris, Windows, z/OS||8.0, 7.5.1, 7.5|
More support for:
WebSphere Process Server
Software version: 6.1, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 6.1.2, 6.2, 7.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1320668
Modified date: 2010-02-26