Release notes - IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 Release Notes
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 is available. Compatibility, installation, and other getting-started issues are addressed.
- Compatibility issues with earlier versions
- System requirements
- Installing Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1
- Getting Started
- Known problems
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 provides an excellent solution for customers who are seeking to perform resource accounting, cost allocation, and, optionally, chargeback billing based on actual usage of virtually any IT resource across the enterprise — ranging from mainframes to virtualized servers to storage networks and more.
Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 offers some new features:
- Additional ITM/TDW and ITCAM/SOA/TDW Collectors: This will be a new collector that gathers data from TDW (Tivoli Data Warehouse). This data will be populated into TDW from ITM (IBM Tivoli Monitoring) and ITCAM/SOA. All data will be extracted from TDW via SQL statements. This new collector will be written in Java within the TUAM Integrator framework. By default, the metrics being collected are only those that make sense for chargeback or resource reporting.
The following list of APARs have been resolved in Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1:
- Universal data collector writes CSR records in scientific notation. (APAR: IZ30298)
- The VMware data collector errors out. (APAR IZ08385)
- Under Oracle, Database initialization fails (APAR: IZ09668)
- Running Job Runner more than two times from the console causes data duplication from the scan step. (APAR: IZ09731)
- Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Job Runner GUI acts on wrong Job Runner file when working with multiple files. (APAR: IZ12285)
- Web reporting is unable to connect to Oracle database. (APAR: IZ14544)
- "startjobrunner.bat MSSQL1.xml" is not able to process file Y:/OUTGOING/TIVOLI/20080119- 230000.TRC. (APAR: IZ15282)
- Attempting to login to web reporting fails with the error 'INCORRECT USER ID OR PASSWORD' even though they are correct. (APAR: IZ20550)
- VMware collector fails to retrieve any records even when the collection level is correctly set to the required level of 4. (APAR: IZ21895)
- When running the DBLoad, each subsequent load gets progressively slower than the prior load to the point where a load can take hours. (APAR: IZ21727)
- The client search functionality does not work in TUAM 7.1. (APAR: IZ23661)
- Use of wild cards "*" , "?" in account look-up table not working correctly. (APAR: IZ29180)
Please note the following for Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1:
- There is no virtualization edition available.
- The log output type attribute joblogWriteToDB is not supported as may otherwise be stated in the product manuals.
For more information about Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1, refer to the product specific announcement:
- Detailed product description, including a description of new functions
- Product-positioning statement
- Packaging and ordering details
- International compatibility information
Migrating to Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1
The information center chapter "Migrating to Usage and Accounting Manager Version 7.1.1" covers the migration from Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 6.1 and older to version 7.1.1. It is not directly mentioned in this chapter, but the conversion steps outlined do not cover the migration from versions 7.1.x to 7.1.1.
If you are migrating from 7.1.x to 7.1.1, the only step required is a database upgrade. For more information on how to perform a database upgrade when migrating from 7.1.x to 7.1.1, see Upgrading the database.
Compatibility issues with CIMS Server and Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 6.1 and older
If you are migrating to Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 from a 6.1 release of Usage and Accounting Manager or older or CIMS Server, you must follow the migration path outlined in the Migrating to Version 7.1.1 section of the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 Information Center. This must be done to ensure that your database is successfully converted to the UNICODE format that is now used by Usage and Accounting Manager. In addition, there are other important compatibility issues outlined in the migration section, including:
- Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1does not support Crystal Reports for new installations. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is the supported tool for Web reporting.
- There have been changes to the Acct and Bill programs (formerly CIMSAcct and CIMSBill) in the Processing Engine. These changes include changes to the input files, output files, and control statements that are supported.
- The archive and restore feature has been removed. It is recommended that you use the built-in archive features provided with your database. Usage and Accounting Manager continues to support automated database purge capabilities through the DBPurge process that has been added to the job file structure.
- All job files must be converted to accommodate changes made for Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1. Usage and Accounting Manager includes a conversion utility to assist you in converting your job files to the 7.1.1 format.
- All conversion definitions files must be converted to a job file. Usage and Accounting Manager includes a conversion utility to assist you in converting conversion definitions to job files.
For information about hardware and software compatibility, see the detailed system requirements at Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 Information Center. Separate requirements are provided for Linux and UNIX and Windows Server 2003 platforms.
Installing Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1
For step-by-step installation instructions, see the installation topics in the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 Information Center.
The install process seeks to install the wrong WPC (Windows Process Collector) setup file. It expects to find and install either setup-tuam-wpc-7-1-0-8-fp1-windows_32_64.exe or setup-tuam-wpc-7-1-0-windows_32_64.exe. As neither of these files are contained in the installation package an error message will be displayed.
Despite this error message, neither of these files should be installed. The file that should be installed, which is contained in the installation package, is setup-tuam-wpc-7-1-1-0-windows_32_64.exe. The workaround for this error message is to manually run the setup file setup-tuam-wpc-7-1-1-0-windows_32_64.exe.
The following information will help you to get started using Usage and Accounting Manager. For more information on configuring Usage and Accounting Manager and getting started using the application, see the configuration topics in the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 Information Center.
Start Integrated Solutions Console to set up and configure the Usage and Accounting Manager:
Start an Internet Explorer or Firefox Web browser, and type http://<hostname>:11052/ibm/console/ in the address bar. In this case <hostname> defines the server that is running Integrated Solutions Console.
If your port number is not the default 11052, replace 11052 with the correct port number. If you have security enabled on, the address will be automatically routed to the secure port.
Configure the appropriate JDBC driver:
JDBC is an application programming interface (API) specification for connecting programs written in Java to the data in a wide range of databases. To enable the Usage and Accounting Manager Processing Engine to access a DB2, SQL Server, or Oracle database, the appropriate JDBC drivers must be available on the server running Usage and Accounting Manager. The database JDBC drivers are not shipped as part of the install. Please note, the recommended Oracle driver version is 10.1.0.2.
If you plan to use the Usage and Accounting Manager Web reporting feature, install Microsoft Report Viewer 2005 SP1:
Usage and Accounting Manager Web Reporting Web site requires an additional component: Microsoft Report Viewer 2005 SP1. If a previous version of the Microsoft Report Viewer is installed, remove it first. The Web Reporting Web site will not run or view reports until the Microsoft Report Viewer 2005 SP1 component is installed.
The following information is specific to Embedded WebSphere Application Server (eWAS), which is used by Usage and Accounting Manager.
eWAS Installation defaults:
- Profile — the default profile defined during installation is: AppSrv01.
- Server — the default server defined for profile AppSrv01 during installation is: server1.
- Port — the default port defined during installation is: 11052 (unsecured), 11053 (secured).
Finding your Integrated Solutions Console port number:
If the port 11052 or 11053 are already in use for the Integrated Solutions Console, the port numbers are increased until unused ones are found. To determine the exact port number that is defined for your installation, view the AboutThisProfile.txt file under the path: <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\logs. Search for the text: Administrative console port or Administrative console secure port.
Starting and stopping eWAS:
There are scripts for starting and stopping eWAS and (startserver.bat, startserver.sh, stopserver.bat and stopserver.sh) in the <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>/bin/ directory (for UNIX/Linux) and the <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\ directory (for Windows). There are also similar scripts in the <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>ewas\bin directory, but it is recommended that you use the scripts in the <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\ directory (for Windows) and <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>/bin (for UNIX/Linux). The name of the default server defined during installation is server1.
Windows: At the command prompt, start and stop eWAS as shown in the following examples:
- <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\startserver server1
- <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>\ewas\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\stopserver server1
Linux or UNIX: Using a shell command, start and stop eWAS as shown in the following examples:
- <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>/bin/startServer.sh server1
- <Usage and Accounting Manager Install>/bin/stopServer.sh server1
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base. As problems are discovered and resolved, the IBM Support team updates the knowledge base. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following link launches a customized query of the live Support knowledge base: View all known problems for Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1.
Contacting customer support
For information about how to contact IBM Software support, see the Contacting IBM Software Support topic in the Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.1 Information Center.
More support for:
IBM SmartCloud Cost Management
Software version: 7.1.1
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1317142
Modified date: 16 December 2008
Translate this page: