How can you re-enable the default admin access to restore client access back to a Jazz Team Server with IBM Rational Team Concert?
The default ADMIN access to the Jazz Team Server has been disabled, and clients did not include ids created for themselves to any of the admin roles, or they forgot their password.
To reset the re-enable the default ADMIN access:
Note: These steps only work when the default Tomcat user realm is used for authentication. This will not work when LDAP realm is used.
- Stop the Jazz Team Server
- Go to <server_install_dir>\server directory
Note: For other Jazz based products such as Rational Quality Manager and Rational Requirements Composer, file path for teamserver.properties could be different.
- Double click on file: teamserver.properties to edit it
- Change the property: com.ibm.team.repository.ws.allow.admin.access=false
- Save the change
- Under <server_install_dir>\server\tomcat\conf directory, look for a file named tomcat-users.xml, right-click on the file, choose Edit, then replace:
<user username="ADMIN" password="b521caa6e1db82e5a01c924a419870cb72b81635" />
<user username="ADMIN" password="b521caa6e1db82e5a01c924a419870cb72b81635" roles="JazzAdmins" />
- Save the changes
- Re-Start the Jazz Team Server
Restart the Jazz Team Server. Clients should be able to log back in with the default ADMIN ID from both Rational Team Concert client and the web client. By default, the password is the same as the id's name.
Leverage the Jazz Community
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
Refer to technote 1319600 for details and links.