MustGather: FileNet Content Engine Database
Customer-provided background information (also known as "MustGather" data) helps in problem determination and saves time when resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs). This technote provides a description of the background information IBM® support will need.
Resolving the problem
Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening the PMR, helps IBM® Support quickly determine the root cause of the problem. With this information, Support can determine if:
- This is a known problem (rediscovery).
- There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
- This is a known defect for which a workaround has been developed.
- A new problem has been discovered and a fix is required.
If you already contacted support, continue on to the Database MustGather information. Otherwise, click MustGather: Read first for FileNet Content Engine
Database MustGather information
Database-specific problems are typically identified by the DB_ prefix of the reported exception code. The following is required troubleshooting information for database problems.
- All of the information described in MustGather: Read first for FileNet Content Engine. Especially important for database issues are the full stack trace and system log files.
- Content Engine Server trace file (p8_server_trace.log) with the Database and Error Subsystems enabled when the problem occurs. See FileNet Content Engine Server tracing for details on how to collect this information.
More support for:
FileNet Content Manager
Software version: 4.0.1, 4.5.0, 4.5.1, 5.0, 5.1.0, 5.2.0, 5.2.1
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1313976
Modified date: 28 August 2008
Translate this page: