To update a WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.1 package to WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2, you need to run the IBM Installation Manager Update Packages wizard. If you are updating from a WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 installation DVD or local electronic image, you need to add an Installation Manager update repository before running the Update Packages wizard.
If you have WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.1 installed, and you want to update your WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.1 package to WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2, is done in two steps. First you must configure IBM Installation Manager so that it points to the correct repository for updating the product. Second, you must use the Update Packages wizard to carry out the updating using the files from the repository.
You cannot use the product installation launchpad to perform this update. If you are using a WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 installation DVD, and autorun is enabled on your system, the installation launchpad might open automatically. Close this launchpad.
First, add the update repository to the IBM Installation Manager preferences:
- Open the Installation Manager from your Start menu by clicking IBM Installation Manager > IBM Installation Manager.
- From the Installation Manager main menu, select File > Preferences. The Preferences window opens.
- In the preference navigation tree, select Repositories.
- Click Add Repository on the Repositories page.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the directory where you have downloaded and unzipped the WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 image files, or the drive where the WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 installation DVD is located.
- If you are upgrading using the full WebSphere Business Modeler 6.1.2 image or from the installation DVD, select the diskTag.inf file. If you are upgrading using a downloaded update image, select the repository.config file.
- Click Open and then click OK to close the Add Repository window.
- Click OK to close the Preferences window.
Now, use the Update wizard to complete the update:
- Installation manager should still be open after completing the previous task. If you have closed, it, reopen it from the Start menu by clicking IBM Installation Manager > IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Installation Manager start page, click Update Packages to start the Update Packages wizard.
- Select the WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.1 package that you want to update and click Next. Installation Manager searches for updates in its repositories and the predefined update sites for WebSphere Business Modeler. If you do not have the WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 electronic installation image or the installation DVD locally, Installation Manager will download the WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 files. Depending on the speed of your network, this download could take a significant amount of time.
- On the Updates page, select the WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 update and click Next.
- On the License page, the list of licenses for the updates you selected is displayed; click each item to display the license agreement text.
- If you agree to the terms of all the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Summary page, click Update to install the WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 updates.
Note: If you are installing a WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.1 package for the first time, you can click the Check for other Versions and Extensions button on the first panel of the Install Packages wizard. This downloads WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2, as well as any later updates, for installation. There is no need to perform additional steps to acquire the WebSphere Business Modeler V6.1.2 updates.
Advanced, Version 6.1.2
Basic, Version 6.1.2
Problems (APARs) fixed
JR29082, JR29173, JR29069, JR28545, JR28483, JR28794, JR29276, JR29312, JR29129, JR28481, JR29252, JR29364, JR29378, JR29362, JR29045, JR28883
|Business Integration||WebSphere Business Modeler Basic||Migration||Windows||6.1.2, 6.1.1|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.