IBM announced Communications Server for AIX V6.3.1 on February 15, 2008.
Communications Server for AIX on Version 6.3.1 replaces Communications Server for AIX Version 6.3. This version includes the following new functions:
- Enhancements to run Communications Server on AIX 6.1; and the Remote API clients on AIX 6.1, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5), and 32- or 64-bit Windows Vista
- IPv6 support (in addition to IPv4)
- Remote API Clients can now issue Network Operator Facility (NOF) verbs and snaadmin commands to query configuration, initialize or activate sessions, and manage local logging and tracing options
- Connection Network Reachability Awareness
- Log filtering allows you to suppress multiple instances of the same log message
- Support for JavaCPI-C with a 64-bit JRE.
Additional information on these features are described in the IBM Communications Server for AIX Quick Beginnings guide. Refer to the Communications Server for AIX library. Also refer to the "WhatsNew6310.txt" file that ships on the refreshed product CDs.
If you are performing a update of an existing Communications Server for AIX v6.3 installation, reference the following document:
New orders of Communications Server for AIX v6.3 will receive v6.3.1 automatically.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.