Several steps were omitted from the configuration instructions of the Windows® SharePoint Services connector .NET application in the IBM® WebSphere® Information Integrator Content Edition Version 8.4 information center.
These instructions were updated after the WebSphere Information Integrator Content Edition Version 8.4 release.
Diagnosing the problem
You cannot authenticate the content integration server SharePoint Web service even though the correct user ID and password are used.
You receive the following error:
COEC0121E: An error occurred while logging in to the SharePoint repository. Check your logon credentials, ensure that you can access the repository, and ensure that the connector properties are set correctly.
The error contains the underlying Apache AxisFault in the stacktrace:
Caused by: org.apache.axis.AxisFault: (401)Unauthorized
Resolving the problem
If you have not installed the Windows SharePoint Services connector .NET application to the Windows SharePoint Services server, then you cannot configure the connector.
Before you begin
If you have already set up the Windows SharePoint Services .NET application as part of WebSphere Information Integrator Content Edition Version 8.3 Refresh Pack 1, go to Upgrading the Windows SharePoint Services connector .NET application. Set the connector properties by using the administration tool.
The Windows SharePoint services .NET application runs locally on the SharePoint server and uses the SharePoint .NET API to provide a set of Web Services that are used by the SharePoint connector.
To configure the SharePoint services .NET application:
1. The directory IICE_HOME/bridges/sharepoint/IICESPWebService contains the files for the SharePoint connector .NET application. Copy the contents of this directory to an appropriate directory on the server where Windows SharePoint Services runs. For example, copy the files to C:\SharePointWebService.
2. Start the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager tool.
3. Create a virtual directory in the same Web directory as the SharePoint service. Name the directory SharePointWebService.
4. Set the following properties for the new virtual directory:
|Local path||Specify the directory that contains the Windows SharePoint Services connector .NET application files that you copied in step 1.|
|Execute permissions||Scripts only|
|Basic authentication on the Directory Security properties tab||Select|
|Default domain on the Directory Security properties tab||If you use a domain, specify a value for the default domain.|
If the application name contains the unavailable value Default Application, then an application is not available for the virtual directory.
5. Right-mouse click on the virtual directory. Select the Properties.
6. Select the Directory Security Tab.
7. In the Access Control and Authentication Group, select Edit.
8. Check Basic Authentication. In the Default Domain field, you can set the domain name. The domain name is a prefix to the user name.
9. Click OK to save the settings in the Authentication Methods dialog window.
10. Click OK to save the settings changes in the Properties dialog window.
11. To create an application, click Create. You do not need to change the default name of the application. Click OK.
12. In the Information Services (IIS) Manager tool, right-mouse click on the Default Web Site -> All Tasks -> SharePoint Central Administration.
13. Click Configure Virtual Server Settings.
14. Click the virtual server where SharePoint services is installed.
15. Click the Define Managed Paths link.
16. In the Add a New Path section , enter the name of the virtual directory you created for the Windows SharePoint Services connector .NET application.
17. Select Excluded path as the path type and click OK.
18. Verify the configuration. Open the following URL: localhost/SharePointWebService/service.asmx
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.