What information should be collected when I experience a problem with my software?
Collecting this information before contacting IBM support will help clarify the issue and save your time when working with the resolution team.
1. Initial Triage
- Brief description of the symptom/question that you have or are seeing (error, message, abend, etc.). If error, have you included a screen shot?
- The exact products and versions involved in the issue?
- Is this affecting production, test or development environment?
- Have there been any recent changes to your environment (Hardware, OS, Software version)?
- Has this problem occurred before?
- How often does this problem occur?
- Can the problem be reproduced?
- Is there a workaround in place?
- Corrective actions already taken?
- What logs have been collected & where are they located?
- Application server using?
- Database using?
2. Collect output files
You can submit files using one of following methods to help speed problem resolution. One of the benefits of using these two systems is that anyone on the problem resolution team can view the uploaded files.
1. Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuREP)
2. Electronic Service Request (SR)