How to relocate Installation Manager agentDataLocation to a specific location
How do you change the IBM Installation Manager agentDataLocation to a specific location?
Since agentDataLacation is important for IBM Installation Manager, manual modification or relocation of the directory is not recommended. If agentDataLocation becomes corrupted, IBM Installation Manager will not function.
The agentDataLocation is a directory where IBM Installation Manager saves its bookkeeping information.
By default, this is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\Installation Manager.
Note: Different platforms have different agent data locations. Review technote 1258203: MustGather: IBM Installation Manager troubleshooting logs to find default agentDataLocation locations for various operating system platforms.
You can change agentDataLocation on two different environments as follows:
On a machine that does not have IBM Installation Manager installed:
- Extract IBM Installation Manager installer
- Open install.ini with a text editor
- Add the following line to the file: -dataLocation <new location>
- Run install.exe and make sure IBM Installation Manager will create and save all its install data to the specified location.
On a machine that has IBM Installation Manager installed:
- Copy IBM Installation Manager C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM and move it to a desired location.
- Go to the IBM Installation Manager installed location (by default C:\Program Files\IBM\Installation Manager\) and open the eclipse directory.
- Open launcher.ini with a text editor and add the following lines after the JRE's path:
More support for:
IBM Installation Manager
Software version: 1.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.3, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3, 1.3.4, 188.8.131.52, 1.4, 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.5, 184.108.40.206, 1.5.1, 1.5.2, 1.5.3, 1.6, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.6.3, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1307121
Modified date: 2013-08-21